|Title:||Dispatcher- Security Officer|
|Job Classification:||Security Officer|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Locations:||Johnson City, NY|
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU?
Thank you for your interest in working with U.S. Security Associates, Inc. (USA). Before taking the time to complete the application and interview process, we request that you read the following information so you will have a clear understanding of what USA requires of all security officers, as well as what your duties would include if you were hired.
Everyone USA hires must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be able to obtain a Local or State Guard Card (where applicable). This includes having a criminal background evaluation, being able to show valid identification, and be able to pay the State Security License fee that is required. Some clients may require specific pre-employment background checks and/or annual background checks. USA does not make the decisions regarding issuing security licenses.
- Be at least 18 years of age (21 for some positions)
- Have a reliable means of communication (i.e. home phone, cell phone)
- Have a reliable means of transportation to and from work
- Effectively speak, read and write English
- Must comply with USA appearance standards:
- Your hair must be neatly cut and groomed. Hair will be cut short enough or styled sufficiently to prevent it from standing out when the uniform cap or hat is worn or from extending below the top of the shirt or jacket collar.
- Refrain from wearing earrings, necklaces or jewelry worn in the nose, eyebrows, lips, tongues, or other extremities by men or women while on duty.
- Your face must be clean-shaven except that neatly trimmed mustaches may be worn unless there is a client requirement prohibiting them (such as interfering with the wearing of special safety masks, etc.). Reasonable accommodation based on race, religious belief or for disability will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
As a USA security officer, you may be expected to perform one or more of the following essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Be able to work overtime and on various shifts as needed; including weekends and holidays. Reasonable accommodation based on religious beliefs or disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be able to maintain accurate records
- Effectively comprehend numerous policies, procedures, and concepts in order to respond appropriately to various situations
- Communicate effectively with others
- Walk up and down stairs
USA does not discriminate based on an applicant or employee’s disability and will engage in an interactive process to determine whether there is a reasonable accommodation available. If you have questions regarding an appropriate reasonable accommodation, please contact the Human Resources department at 770-625-1500.
USA thrives on our security guards being customer service oriented to ensure that we exceed our clients' expectations. Satisfied clients are the reason for our existence. It is up to each and every security guard to ensure that our clients are pleased with the service they receive.
Under direct supervision, the Dispatch Security Officer position is assigned to the dispatch center to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Operate a multi-line telephone console system, alerting system, technical systems and alarm panels.
- Watches camera monitors for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts security officers, emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
- Determine and assign the level of priority of the call, dispatches the appropriate officer.
- Remains alert and clam while in stressful situations
- Begins routine and standardized reports and assigns reports to the appropriate security officer for completion
- Monitor and operate a radio console and computer equipment
- Receive and respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency services and complaints
- Ask questions to interpret, analyze and anticipate the caller’s situation as to resolve problems, provide information, dispatch security or emergency services.
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid state security officer license.
- Ability to actively listen and communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
- Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
- Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to think quickly and react appropriately in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
- Knowledge of the geography of the sites to which assigned.
- Skill in operating portable radio devices.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with fellow employees, representatives from other departments, and supervisors
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to reach conclusions and approaches to problems
- The ability to follow instructions
- Safety and Security: Candidates must have knowledge of rules, regulations, and procedures, including safety procedures, such as CPR and first aid. Policies and procedures may refer to department policies and procedures related to emergency communications and disaster and special response plans.
- Customer Service: Candidates must have knowledge of providing excellent customer service and be customer service oriented. The successful candidate will pay close attention to detail.
- Telecommunications: Candidates must have knowledge of telecommunications systems, which may include transmission, broadcasting, switching systems, and computerized databases. Further, they must understand basic dispatch codes.
- He/she must embody U.S. Security Associates’ values as a highly visible representative of the branch and set high standards for him/her and others.
Position based in Field Operations. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. U.S. Security Associates fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history. Click here to learn more.